Moving placements can be used in situations where you need to merge multiple campaigns into one, or break a campaign out into multiple campaigns. Unlike cloning, which retains the original placement(s) and creates potentially unnecessary duplication, the Move function just moves what you have. Move will retain the unique properties of the placement, such as Bionic ID and performance data, where Clone is simply a copy that creates a whole new placement - new ID, no performance data.
Move One Or More Placements
Select the lines you want to move (this follows a similar process to what you use in Excel):
- To select individual lines, click the gray area on the far left side of the line item. Hold the CTRL key and click the individual lines you want.
- To select sequential lines, click the 1st line in the gray area. Hold the SHIFT key. Click the last line of the section you want to select.
- To select ALL displayed lines, click the gray square in the upper left corner of the media plan.
Press the Move button at the top of the media plan.
From the menu, select the campaign you want to move the placement(s) to.
Press the Move button to confirm.
Once the move has been completed, you will receive confirmation and a couple of options:
See Moved Lines - You will be brought to the destination campaign (where the placements were moved to), and it will just display the moved lines.
Close - This dialog will close, and you will remain in the current campaign.
How Move Works
In general, ALL values attached to the placement will carry over with placement. Here are a list of some situations you may encounter and what to expect.
- Picklist columns/values will be retained/moved even if the Picklist column is not available to the destination Advertiser. If the destination campaign does not already have the picklist column added to it, it will be added automatically.
- Tasks columns/tasks will be retained/moved. If the destination campaign does not already have the task column added to it, it will be added automatically.
- If the Agency Compensation set in the placement is different than what is set in the campaign default, the placement values will be retained (the "Edit in line" checkbox will get selected). If the destination campaign does have agency compensation enabled, it will set it to Enabled.
- If the Ad Serving Fee set in the placement is different than what is set in the campaign default, the placement values will be retained (the "Edit in line" checkbox will get selected).
- If a member of a flight or package is selected to move, all members of that flight or package will be moved.