Metadata are tags for different parts of your instance. For example, the title, subject, author, and page count are all metadata about a book. If you think music, the song name, artist, length, file size, and format are all metadata of a song. There are several places in Bionic for Agencies where you can place metadata. This metadata is cataloged in the Administration section of your account.
Once metadata exists, you can use it for a variety of customizations that may be specific your company such as identifiers or data sets required for integrations with other platforms.
Before configuring metadata throughout your instance, you will need to create your metadata fields inside the Administration section of your account.
- Go to the Administration Panel
- Select the Custom Fields Tab
- Click the New Field button
- Enter an identifying name for the custom field
- Choose the Object Type to associate the field with
- Choose the format appropriate for the field
- Select Advertiser Availability (either available to the 1 Advertiser designated, or All Advertisers)
- Fill in a Description (Optional)
See Custom Columns for additional instructions.
Object types are where in your instance the Metadata will exist.
- Ad - Ad settings at the Advertiser and Campaign levels.
- Advertiser - Advertiser overview page.
- Campaign - Campaign overview.
- Order - Overview section of an order.
- Program - Overview section of a Program inside the Campaign.
- Vendor - Vendor overview at the Advertiser and Campaign levels.
Within each of the the objects listed above, you can use this metadata to configure a variety of customizations.
Field types control what kind of field you would like to configure.
- Date - Date entry with calendar selection.
- Number - Blank text box for numbers only.
- Picklist - Pre-defined list of options to choose from.
- Text - Blank text box.
These fields will automatically be available for use in the respective object types listed above.