Wouldn't it be nice to show up to work in the morning and see up-to-date Google AdWords performance metrics in your Bionic dashboard? Good news: Bionic has a nice integration with Google AdWords that makes this possible. Follow the steps below to set this up.
Step 1: Activate the Google Ads adapter
If you don't already have the Google Ads Adapter set up for your account, you'll first need to Activate the Google Ads Adapter.
Step 2: Configure the Google Ads Extract.
If you have not already configured your Ads Extract please do so by following these instructions.
Step 3: Get your Google Ads Campaign ID
A Google Ads "Campaign" maps to a Bionic "Placement" -- not a Bionic "Campaign". In order to map your Ads Campaign to your Bionic placement, you first need to get your Ads Campaign ID. Here's how you do that:
- Sign in to your Google Ads account at https://www.google.com/adwords/
- Go to the campaigns listing by clicking the campaigns tab:
- Verify that you have a column named "Campaign ID." If not, you can add it by clicking the "Columns" button then "Modify Columns" and adding the Campaign ID column to your page layout:
- Now that you can see your Campaign IDs, find the campaign you want to link and copy its Campaign ID:
Step 4: Link your Bionic Placement to your Google Ads Campaign
The final step is to link your Bionic placement to your Google Ads campaign. Here's how you do that:
- Sign in to Bionic at https://app.bionic-ads.com/
- Click the campaign into which you wish to load the data
- On the media plan, click on the Performance tab.
- Click on the ‘Chart’ button.
- Click "Data Sources" tab.
- Click on “Add Data Source(s)” button to see the list of data sources.
- Select Google Ads from the list of available data sources.
- Next select the placements you want to link to your Google Ads.
- Enter the Google Ads Campaign ID into the Campaign ID (Optional) field.
Once linked, you will start automatically receiving data the following day (tomorrow morning). If you have any problems, don't hesitate to contact our customer support group. We're always happy to help you.