Overview - Budget Tab
The Budget tab within your campaign is where you will setup and manage Buckets to represent your budgets.
Within this tab you will be able to:
- Setup Buckets
- Establish and manage budgets
- Identify monthly budgets
- Track details for each Bucket, including:
- Budget share
- Authorization status
- PO Number
- Number of lines assigned to the Bucket from the media plan
- Amount of money planned
- Percentage of Bucket budget planned
- Track Unbucketed money
- Download the budget details
- Delete Buckets
- Track history for Buckets
Bucket: Name of the Bucket. How you name these depends on the how you want to segment your budget.
Budget: This is the amount of money in this Bucket. The currency is set to the currency of the campaign.
Share: This is the share of this Bucket's budget against the Campaign budget.
Authorization: Indicates the current authorization status of this Bucket's budget. Statuses include:
- Draft - This Bucket is currently being formulated
- Pending - Authorization has been requested, but no response has been received
- Authorized - Budget has been authorized for this Bucket
- Rejected - Budget has been refused and should not be used in the media plan
PO Number: Where you can store the Purchase Order Number of approved Budgets. Optional to use, but handy if you use a Purchase Order System for tracking media expenditures.
Months: You have the option to view monthly budgets by selecting the "Show Monthly" checkbox (NOTE: this option is only available if your campaign has flight dates). Each month that the campaign is running will appear as its own column, within these fields you can identify the monthly budget for that Bucket.
Total of Monthly: The sum of the monthly budgets that you have entered for a Bucket. Column will only appear if Show Monthly checkbox has been selected.
Variance: The difference between the Budget and Total of Monthly figures. Column will only appear if Show Monthly checkbox has been selected.
- If Total of Monthly is less than the Budget for a Bucket the variance will appear as red text in parentheses informing you that you have not met your entire budget for that Bucket.
- If Total of Monthly is greater than the Budget for a Bucket the variance will appear as red text informing you that you are over your budget for that Bucket.
- If Total of Monthly equals Budget the variance will be 0.00.
Lines in Plan: Identifies the number of lines in the media plan that are assigned to this Bucket. HINT: You can click the quantity to see a filtered view of the plan showing only these lines.
Amount in Plan - The sum of the Total Cost of the lines in your media plan that are assigned to this Bucket. HINT: You can click the quantity to see a filtered view of the plan showing only these lines.
% Planned - Indicates the share of the Bucket that has been planned in the media plan.
This line will display below your Buckets ONLY if:
- Your Campaign budget is not fully represented in your Buckets
- You have lines in your media plan that are not assigned to Buckets
By fixing problems above, the Unbucketed line will go away.
The Total line will represent the Totals of the lines above it.