Once orders have been set up, you are able to create bills by service period. The bills are intended to reflect details of the invoices you receive from the respective Vendor.
To create a new bill, press the Add Bill button for the respective Service Period, or at the top of the screen.
This will open the bill details that you can then fill in as appropriate. Some fields are automatically populated or calculated.
When recording a bill, you only have to enter three fields: Bill Ref#, Bill Date, and Bill Amount. Bionic will automatically reconcile the bill for you. However, you can override this calculation with your own reconciled amount. Here’s how it works:
- Bill Ref# – Manually enter the invoice/reference number to correspond the bill (a.k.a. invoice) received from the vendor.
- Bill Date – Manually enter the invoice date to correspond the bill (a.k.a. invoice) received from the vendor.
- Due Date – Automatically calculated based on the Payment Terms specified on the settings tab of the order. For example, if your Bill Date is April 5th and your payment terms are Net 30, then your Due Date will be May 5th. Although this is calculated, you can manually override the calculated value if the due date on the vendor’s bill is different.
- Bill Amount – Manually enter the total amount of the bill (a.k.a. invoice) received from the vendor.
- Vendor – The vendor from which you received this bill. This is automatically prefilled when you create the bill from an order. Otherwise, select your vendor from the drop-down list.
- Order – The order that is being billed. This is automatically prefilled when you create the bill from an order. Otherwise, select your order from the drop-down list.
- Service Period – The month in which the service was provided that is being billed. This is automatically prefilled when you create the bill from an order. Otherwise, select the appropriate service period from the drop-down list.
- Billing Document – Optionally attach invoice or any other documents that are related to this bill.
- Notes – Optionally add notes to this bill.
- Total Ordered – This is the total amount of the Order related to this bill.
- Previously Reconciled – Automatically calculated sum or previously reconciled amounts of other bills related to this order.
- Remaining order – Automatically calculated Total Ordered minus Previously Reconciled.
- Fulfilled thru Service Period – Automatically calculated sum of the amount of media delivered through the last day of the Service Period. Note that this calculation depends on the Calendar selected in your Order Settings tab: Gregorian (Standard) or Broadcast. For example, for the service period March 2021, this end of the Service Period is March 31, 2021 on the Gregorian calendar or March 28, 2021 on the Broadcast calendar. Also note that the calculation of this value is contingent upon loading performance data in Bionic. If you have not loaded performance data, this value will be 0. If performance data has not been correctly, this value will be incorrect.
- Fulfilled but Unbilled – Automatically calculated Fulfilled thru Service Period minus Previously Reconciled.
- Ordered in Service Period – Automatically calculated portion of the Total Ordered in this bill’s Service Period. Note that the start and end date of the service period are contingent on the Calendar chosen on the Order Settings tab. For example, for the service period March 2021, the service period is March 1-31, 2021 on the Gregorian calendar or March 1-28, 2021 on the Broadcast calendar.
- Maximum Billable Amount – Automatically calculated as the lesser of Remaining Order, Fulfilled but Unbilled, and Ordered in Service Period.
- Reconciled – Automatically calculated as the lesser of Bill Amount and Maximum Billable Amount. You can override this default value.
- Payments – A list of payments applied to this Bill, if any.
- Open Balance – Automatically calculated as the Reconciled amount minus the sum of Payments.
Once you have completed the bill details, press Create.
Your Finance tab will automatically update with the latest bill data and provide an option to make payments.